Amelia Island Genealogical Society Inc.
The mission of the Amelia Island Genealogical Society is to support its members and others in their efforts to learn about their family history, and to develop resources regarding the genealogy and history of Nassau County, Florida.
The society sponsors an extensive course for new members interested in learning more about the genealogy process during January and February of each year. At monthly meetings of the society, the members take part in workshops, or listen to presentations on a variety of genealogical topics to increase their knowledge. We also have other unique programs, including tours of the old cemeteries in the area which we sponsor periodically. The society maintains a large collection of genealogy material at the Fernandina Branch of the Nassau County Public Library for public use.
The Amelia Island Genealogical Society is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit, tax exempt, public charity, incorporated in 1998.
Operating Year: January – December 2021
- President: Dennis Partridge
- Vice President: Jim Shroads
- Secretary: Jim Thomas
- Treasurer: Patti Millage
- Director: Marcia Pertuz
- Director: Rob Portegies-Zwart
- Director: Bob Keane
- Director: Janet Loveless
- Past President: Jean Mann
- Audit (2020): Bob Loveless
- Education: Jean Mann
- Library: Marcia Pertuz
- Membership: Patti Millage
- Nominations (2020): Janet Loveless
- Program: Rob Portegies-Zwart
- Research Coordinator:
- Special Interest Groups: Dennis Partridge
- Web: Dennis Partridge
- Webmaster: Dennis Partridge
- Nassau County Genealogist: Jean Mann