The Thiede Cemetery is located in Oyster Bay, a gated community at the end of Barnwell Road. Access is restricted, and may be requested via Oyster Bay Harbor and Yacht Club at this website. The area is historically known as Heath’s Point.
The cemetery is enclosed by a stone wall about 2 feet high. There are steps into the burial plots on both sides of the wall. An ornate floral spray of roses is carved into the Caroline Thiede monument. The cemetery is set on NE/SW direction.
From the intersection of SR-200/A1A and O’Neil/Scott Rd. proceed west on SR-200 for 0.4 miles, turn right onto Barnwell Rd. Proceed 2.3 miles to the Oyster Bay Gate. Ask for directions to 96101 Park Place at the gatehouse.
Thiede Cemetery Location
96101 Park Place
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034 USA
GPS Location 30.653583, -81.511083
Thiede Cemetery Interments
|wdt_ID||Gravesite Id||Photo||Individual ID||Salutation||First name||Middle name||Last name||Nickname||Generation||Maiden name||estimated birth date||Birth month||Birth day||Birth year||Death month||Death day||Death year||Note||Revision||Cemetery name||Cemetery ID||Cemetery zone||Taxonomy 1||Taxonomy 2||Taxonomy 3||Taxonomy 4||Gravesite note||Gravesite revision||Details|
|5,448||5448||609731||Carl||Thiede||0||May||28||1837||Apr||15||1911||Thiede Cemetery||1059||Grave 1||More details|
|5,449||5449||609732||Caroline||Thiede||0||Jan||11||1835||Aug||31||1884||Wife of Carl Thiede||Thiede Cemetery||1059||Grave 2||Footstone with letters "C.T."||More details|
|5,450||5450||609733||Oscar F.||Thiede||0||Jan||22||1869||May||31||1954||Son of Carl and Caroline Thiede||Thiede Cemetery||1059||Grave 3||Born at Heath's Point, January 22, 1869||More details|
|First name||Last name||Maiden name||Birth year||Death year|
estimated birth date:
This inventory was made on June 24, 1995 by Mary Nelson and Jean Mann, and a second photogrpahic survey was completed June 8 2013 by Jim and Carol Miller
The 8 June 2013 Survey of the Thiede Cemetery can be seen here.
Property Appraisers PID 46-3N-28-5065-00HP-0000
Florida Master Site File ID NA00996 established circa 1884 Graves 3.