Welcome to AIGS!

For over a quarter of a century the Amelia Island Genealogical Society (AIGS) has been proud to serve both those seeking information about Amelia Island ancestors and those without local ties wishing to connect with other genealogists.

Members can start registering for 2022 Special interest Groups. To view what is available, please click on the button below.

Our Genealogical Library

Latest Genealogy Data Added

Geiger Family Cemetery

The Geiger Family Cemetery is located on land now owned by the First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, Florida, which is used as a Retreat Center. Permission must be obtained to visit the cemetery. The Retreat Center is located 3.3 miles north of the intersection of CR121 and Tomlinson Road. The Geiger Family Cemetery is surrounded by a chain link fence and can only be reached with permission and guidance from the caretaker of the First Baptist Church Retreat Center. There are only two tombstones remaining, but there is indication of many other graves due to the sunken condition of the ground …

Cooner-Wingate Cemetery

The Cooner-Wingate Cemetery is located North of Evergreen. The Florida Master Site File states there were 25 graves in 2004. We have records for only 18 people interred there. Go North from Yulee on US 17 for one mile past the Weight Station. The Agricultural Inspection Station is on the right, turn left on Owens Farm Road. Go 5/10 mile, turn right onto a dirt road. You will see the sign for “White Oak Plantation.” Follow this road 1/2 mile west until you come to the “White Oak Plantation Gatehouse.” Just before you reach this house, turn left and continue south …

Conner-Green Cemetery

Established on property owned by Richard Green in the mid-1800s, the cemetery was originally known as the Green cemetery. The first grave that can be authenticated is for Rhoda Hunnicut Green, wife of James R. Green, the brother of Richard Green. In 1931, the name was changed to Conner-Green when one of the descendants married Frank Conner. Since Richard Green had no heirs, the property was inherited by James R. Green and his descendants. In 1931, Elizabeth Tanner Green, widow of Noah S. Green, deeded the cemetery to Nassau County and the State of Florida for cemetery purposes for the …

Chester Cemetery

The Chester Cemetery is located in Chester Florida. To reach the cemetery turn off A1A, going north on Chester Road. Follow Chester Road to intersection of Blackrock Road. Turn right on Blackrock Road, go around the curve. The Church of God is on the left side of the road, and the cemetery is on the right opposite the church. Chester Cemetery Location (Nassau County)1621 Blackrock RoadYule, FL 32097 USA GPS Location 30.679419, -81.537456 Inventoried in September 1995.

Buford Grove Cemetery

Buford Grove Church became a member of the St. Mary’s Association in 1887, but it is thought that services were held at least ten years before this association when the recorded membership was 47 members. The land on which the church is located was deeded to the trustees by Henry and Isabelle Davis on 18 July 1904. In 1934, land the Davises had donated for a school was deeded back to the church by the Nassau County School Board. An additional five acres was purchased in 1954 from Mr. and Mrs. Eustis Loyd. The church left the St. Mary’s Association …

Bryce Cemetery

The Bryce Cemetery is located across the railroad track from the second home of George W. Bryce. An obelisk with the inscription “Bryce,” on the west face is at the approximate center of the original cemetery. It is surrounded by beautiful magnolias and oaks with azaleas and camellias planted throughout the cemetery. The cemetery is laid out in five rows; the inventory begins at the southeast corner. George W. Bryce purchased 80 acres of land in 1871 in the Bryceville/Brandy Branch area and began milling and turpentine operations in the area. His holdings eventually totaled many thousands of acres. The community …
1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10

Scroll to Top