MEETING OF THE AIGS LIBRARY COMMITTEE
29 April 2016 at 1:30 p.m.
The quarterly meeting of AIGS Library Committee was held on Friday, 29 April 2016, at 1:30 p.m. at the home of Teen Peterson. Attendees were Tonia Quarterman, Marcia Pertuz, Lori Miranda and Teen Peterson.
- Q&A evaluation: We are still needing a volunteer for May 26. We will not hold Q&A in the evenings during June, July and August. However, Marcia Pertuz volunteered to hold afternoon sessions. She will notify us of her dates for the summer months. Lori is the contact person for Q&A.
- Lori showed us the magazines no arriving from the three genealogy magazines she is donating. These will be processed the FB Library; we will stamp them showing AIGS ownership. The magazines will be displayed in the genealogy section of the Library. Lori will provide display/storage cases.
- Prior to the meeting, Gloria Toomey submitted her finalized list of materials to be taken in case of an emergency evacuation. The Library will transport 50 titles to the Nassau County Courthouse Annex in Yulee if mandatory evacuation is required for Amelia Island. We will be marking the listed books with stickers on their spines so that they can be easily located. Copies of the list will be distributed to the Library staff and kept in the AIGS vertical file cabinets. AIGS needs to locate and buy tubs for the books to be evacuated.
- Teen presented suggestions she has received of books to purchase for the AIGS collection. She will research prices and present the list to the Committee for approval.
- We scheduled a work session at the library for the 20th of May from 1 to 3 p.m. Our main focus will be examining the existing vertical file materials.
- Next meeting: Friday, 26 August 2016, at 1:30 p.m. at the Library.